Depending on your body type you may be prone to sustaining a certain form of injuries. One of the injuries can be related to the soft tissues mainly of the feet or lower extremities. Since such injuries do not always have an outward manifestation, we tend to shrug them off as inconsequential. This is where we go wrong as a soft tissue injury, if left unattended, can lead to a bigger damage later on. However, addressing such injuries does not mean you have to avail costly invasive treatments, for podiatry, especially the shockwave therapy, can provide a more holistic approach to treatment.
What is a shockwave therapy?
- The multidisciplinary shockwave therapy is used by the professionals and experts with equal elan. It is adding quality and bringing out superior outcomes in the fields of orthopaedics, physiotherapy, urology, sports medicine and veterinary medicine.
- The mechanism of action is simple and highly effective. The acoustic wave carries high-frequency energy to the painful spots and the myoskeletal tissues which are in the stage of subacute, sub chronic and chronic conditions. The regeneration and reparative processes of the soft tissues, bones and tendons are promoted by the energy waves.
Positive attributes of a shockwave therapy:
- The high-frequency energy waves generated in the shockwave therapy interact with the affected tissues and participate in cell growth, tissue repair and mobility restoration. The shockwave therapy has an additional benefit. It also relieves pain as it acts as a potent analgesia.
- The therapy helps cure Achilles Tendonitis, Plantar Fasciitis or Heel Spur, Patellar Tendonitis, Peroneal Tendonitis and Shin Splints.
- Only the best service providers like podiatry clinics should be consulted with for the accuracy and reliability of the equipment backed by evidence-based research works. In addition, the renowned podiatry clinics appoint proficient podiatrists who have added value to the industry for a long time. The combination proves to be highly effective.
Possible side effects of a shockwave therapy:
Before we discuss the probable side effects, let us explain the conditions which should be shared with the experts of shockwave therapy in Mandurah. The certified and registered therapists would take additional care if the patient is already suffering from bleeding disorders, tendon rupture, pregnancy, peripheral vascular disease or some kind of a local infection. Those having prostheses and implants should also share the information with the podiatry service provider.
The probable side-effects of the shockwave therapy could be:
- Petechial (red spots)
Age and injury tend to restrict your mobility. Timely intervention from the podiatrists in Mandurah can save you the troubles and help you lead an active life until many years. Select a clinic that has a reputation in the locality and where a complete transparency is followed in the matters of treatment cost.