Whether you are a sport professional or engage in rigorous activities on a daily basis, your feet take the ultimate impact. Breaks and ankle sprains are the most common sports-related injuries athletes face all time due to the over usage of their feet. Podiatrists are qualified to treat and diagnose such injuries and offer proper recommendations on custom orthotics, footwear after evaluating gait of the person.
How podiatry services can help you to maintain healthy feet:
The experts at the podiatry services in Mandurah can help you in multiple ways to keep your feet healthy. They are specially trained to assist you in managing your foot problems and preventing any injuries.
- Assist you to overcome any problems while walking.
- Show your foot exercises that will help you managing any foot-related issues.
- Provide custom made inserts for your shoes that will help you to manage problems like flat foot or shortening of any foot.
- Helping in the rehabilitation process after feet surgery to help you recover faster.
- Help you in preventing or managing any problem related to your feet.
- Help you in diagnosing and treating infections created by enlarged toenails.
Tips for prevention injuries:
If you take the advice of the sports podiatrists at Peel Podiatry Clinic – Mandurah, then you will be able to prevent any injury to your feet while playing. Here are some tips that you can use that will help you to keep your feet healthy and injury-free.
- Always warm up your body before doing any exercise or playing a game.
- Always increase your time exercising or playing any sports gradually to help your feet muscles adjust to the strain slowly.
- Always wear athletic shoes which are a perfect fit for your feet.
- Always replace your shoes when it’s tread wears down to reduce the risk of an injury due to slippage.
- Do not run on uneven surfaces or you may fall down, sprain your ankle or have a fracture.
- When running uphill be very careful because it exerts a tremendous strain on your feet.
- Use shoes with shock absorbers for any long trek to prevent an injury to your feet.
- Have a proper exercise routine and drink plenty of water to prevent any muscle cramps to your feet.
Proper suggestion to recover faster:
If you are suffering from an injury, then you should follow the following steps to ensure that you recover faster.
- The most important thing that you can do to make a faster recovery of your feet is resting it properly.
- Immediately after the injury, try to put some ice on it. Cold compress is very good to reduce swelling and pain due to injury.
- You can put your foot at an elevated position after suffering an injury to reduce swelling.
- You can put a compression over the injury to reduce swelling and pain.
- Do not run or walk until your injury is fully cured. Any physical activity can exacerbate the injury further.
- Start your rehab process to make the recovery faster.
- You should use a crutch to reduce pressure on your injured foot.
- Consult a physician and follow his/her advice to the letter.
Conclusion: Foot injury can be very painful and can reduce your mobility severely. To know more about how to prevent injuries and go through the rehab process, phone us at (08) 9586 3046.