Do you feel dreaded from slipping your shoes off at public places? Are your family members and friends bothered by your unpleasant foot stench after you take off your shoes? Do you have friends who are suffering from foul feet odour? Although smelly feet do not necessarily indicate a grave health problem, the foul odour can be embarrassing and unpleasant for sure. Do you want to know what causes stinky and sweaty feet? Getting in touch with the podiatry services Mandurah can help you to address and prevent the issue at the earliest.
Here is everything you need to know about foot odour and perspiration
Causes of smelly and sweaty feet:
- Wrong footwear – The problem of smelly feet lies in the types of footwear you wear. Choosing poor-quality shoes and socks is an open invitation to foot problems, including foul smell and sweat. It is suggested that you choose footwear made of sweat absorbing materials like special knits and cotton.
- Poor ventilation – Smelly feet are typically caused by a lack of ventilation for your feet. You should, therefore, avoid over wearing shoes and let your feet breathe. Also, make sure you are not wearing tight footwear as that might cause your feet to sweat more than they do usually.
- Fungal infection – Athlete’s feet, a fungal infection can also result in smelly feet. If you spot stinky rashes on your toes, rush to any of the leading podiatrists in Mandurah. This infection is treatable and curable. The quicker you see a doctor the faster you will see the problem vanish.
- Hyperhidrosis condition – Sweaty feet do not necessarily emit foul smell in all cases. The odour comes out only when the bacteria living on your feet feeds on the sweat thereby producing the stench-causing isovaleric acid. This medical condition is known as Hyperhidrosis.
Preventing smelly feet:
- Regular cleansing – Should you want to keep this abhorrent issue at bay, take care of your feet hygiene. Clean your feet in lukewarm water and with mild soap daily. Do not forget to dry them before you put on the footwear.
- Opt for quality shoes – To prevent unpleasant sweating and smelling of feet, you should choose good quality shoes to wear. Furthermore, putting on the same pair of shoes every day can aggravate the problem. Try switching shoes at periodic intervals to keep your feet fresh and healthy.
Treatment of foul foot odour:
- Choose medicated insoles – The problem of stinky feet can vanish if you use medicated insoles for shoes. Made of breathable materials like cotton and wool, these insoles promote proper air circulation inside your shoes and ensure the comfort of your feet.
- Anti-fungal medicines – As far as the problem of the Athlete’s feet is concerned, washing your feet with anti-fungal soap can be helpful to alleviate the problem. However, if the home remedies have failed to produce the desired result, you must discuss the concern with podiatrists in Mandurah.
Conclusion: Smelly and sweaty feet are embarrassing and uncomfortable. Even people around you will find stinky feet gross and repulsive. However, with proper care and treatment, you can get rid of this discomfort for sure. To keep your feet healthy and odour-free, get in touch with Peel Podiatry Clinic in Mandurah today.
Also Read: Bad Habits That Can Harm Your Foot Health